Wednesday, May 21, 2008
When it comes to adventures Lindsay and I know what to do. Living in Florida we are constantly fighting some creature in our case this past week it has been a giant lizard, and several cockroaches. The iguana was six feet long and right... right outside our door! Last night Lindsay wet into our bedroom to sit in the bed and read for a little while, and when she turned on the light she saw a roach walking around on her pillow!!! It was hard to sleep last night, but eventually we made it to sleep. And now that I think about Lindsay was surprisingly at ease, and she might have switched our pillows!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
1. A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants. A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.
2. A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband. A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
3. A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
4. To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot & love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot & not try to understand her at all.
5. Married men live longer than single men - but married men are a lot more willing to die.
6. Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
7. Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
8. A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change & she does.
9. A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
10. There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman - before marriage & after marriage.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Now, in other news, Lindsay has announced that we were moving, and we still are, but nothing is settled in North Carolina. We are again looking for a place to live, and jobs to work. Though we know it will all be well with us. We would like some closure. We have a long list of things to do at our apartment here, before we move, and a longer list of things to do in North Carolina. Lindsay is so happy and ready for a move. I am pleased to be moving out to new territory and cannot wait to take on an adventure out there. Once the ride begins for us it should last for about seven or eight months and then be over. Including finding an apartment, testing, interviews, securing a job, and then getting through fire academy. What a joy.
I am going to try and put a few pictures up but who knows if there are any news pictures to post. There are not, sorry.